At Goodison Park in April, the Man United attacker slapped a kid named Jacob Harding’s hand as he exited the field.

Read Also: Bank of England declares that the UK is in a recession.

Later, Ronaldo expressed regret to the 14-year-old, but was later questioned by police regarding an alleged assault and criminal damage that occurred last month.

The situation had been handled by “matter of conditional caution,” according to Merseyside Police.

Read Also: Nadal To Partner with Federer for Final Match in Laver Cup Doubles

However, the FA has now chosen to look into the event.

A spokesperson stated today:”Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with a breach of FA Rule E3 for an incident that took place after Manchester United FC’s Premier League match against Everton on Saturday 9 April 2022.

“It is alleged that the forward’s conduct after the final whistle was improper and/or violent.”

Jacob’s phone was knocked out of his hands by Ronaldo following his team’s 1-0 loss to Everton.

Read Also: Manchester United haunted by “ghosts from their past” – Bruno Fernandes

The FA Rule E3 states “a participant shall at all times act in the best interests of the game”.

It adds they shall not act “in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute”.

They should also not use “any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour”.

At the time, Sarah Kelly, Jacob’s mother, spoke out about the event and revealed that Ronaldo had called to apologise.

Read Also: A letter from Meghan Markle to King Charles III “requesting a meeting”

She claimed that “there hasn’t been any justice” and that she wanted to see it.

And her son Jacob told The Mirror: “I looked up to him but he didn’t set an example that day.”

In a post online after the incident, Ronaldo said: “It’s never easy to deal with emotions in difficult moments such as the one we are facing. 

“Nevertheless, we always have to be respectful, patient and set the example for all the youngsters who love the beautiful game. 

Read Also: Rio Ferdinand discloses the real reason Carlos Tevez left Manchester United to join rivals City

“I would like to apologise for my outburst and, if possible, I would like to invite this supporter to watch a game at Old Trafford as a sign of fair-play and sportsmanship.”

Responding to the FA charge today, a spokesperson for Manchester United said: “We note the FA announcement in relation to Cristiano Ronaldo.

“We will be supporting the player in his response to the charge.”

Read Also: Dani Alves reveals deep secret about playing against Ronaldo

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here